Founder's Day Sponsors:
Steve's Food Boy
Usibelli Coal Mine
Made in Mat-Su
Alaska Poker Association
Auntie Lindas Deli
City of Houston
Palmer Golf Course
Houston Chamber of Commerce-Promotion, Little Su Float Classic
Houston Lions Club-Permits and Insurance
Houston Fire Department-Free picnic Cooking, 4-Wheeler Raffle drawing on Founder's Day 2009
Enstar Gas- Huge Grill and Fuel!!!!!
Wes Hammerick and the Valley Legends
Alaska Kathy River Safari's
Expedition Log Homes-River Race Registration.
Made in Mat-Su-Quality Craft Vendors
Wes Sult Family
Raven Glass Works
Big Lake Baptist Church-Kids Games
Houston Founder's Day Committee Fund
Houston Fire Department
Kids Game Sponsor:
Free Raffle Sponsors:
Alaska Kathy River Safari's (Trip)
Sheraton Hotel (one night stay)
Moose's Tooth Gift Certificate
Houston Fire Dept.
Mat-Su Water Rescue
Mat-Valley Federal Credit Union
Alaska River sports inc.
Rules for the Race
1. PFD’s worn by all.
2. Kids accompanied by adults only.
3. No ALCOHOL.
4. No motors.
5. No bumping into other boats.
6. Extra paddles are suggested.
7. Bring your cell phone if you have one. Register your number with race marshall for extra safety.
8. No parking at the Alaska Kathy's. A Shuttle will be provided to racers who need a ride from the Founders Day Parking at the Miller’s Gravel Pit. Please let us know if you need a ride after dropping off your boat. Security at the River (for your boat)and the Gravel Pit (for your car)will be provided.
9. Have Fun…..this will be a great day and a new yearly tradition for our families.